We're serious about sharing the gospel
and making disciples among all people groups
And Jesus came and said to them, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age."
Matthew 28:18-20 (ESV)
First Baptist Church of North Augusta is committed to making disciples of Christ that merge their faith with their daily lives.
As Christ followers, we desire to equip believers for the work of ministry and the building up of the body until we may present everyone mature in Christ (see Eph. 4:11-16; Col. 1:28). Striving towards that end includes not only evangelism, so that others are rooted in their faith in Christ, but also discipleship, that they may increase in their knowledge of God, are built up in Him, and bear much fruit (see Col. 1:3-10; 2:6-7).
Each year, FBCNA sends teams around the world to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ and to make disciples of the nations. We are actively involved in international mission efforts to the following:
- South Asia (Fall 2017)
- Quebec, Canada (Summer 2017)
- Mexico (Summer 2017)
- Romania (Summer 2017)
- Nicaragua (Fall 2017)
Throughout the years to come, we will continue to establish additional multi-year partnerships with national partners and missionaries for the sake of gospel advancement among the unreached peoples of the world.
The Quebec Mission Team will be leaving on June 28th. Please remember to keep them in your prayers as they serve the people of Quebec City, Canada.
“MOVING DAY” outreach – moving assistance, and meals for helpers and those who have been helped. Outreach is a project of 180 Degree Urban Church [Eglise Urbaine 180] in Quebec City, Canada.
- That the Lord will bless the “Moving Day” outreach [June 30 and July 1]: that non-believers will see and experience the love of Christ, that positive contacts will be made, and for opportunities to witness and share Jesus Christ
- For unity among FBC team members and among all participants, i.e. mission teams (~25 people), IMB missionaries, and Quebecois believers; as we all serve together
- For safety and protection for travel; also for all who will be helping people move on Friday, June 30 and Saturday, July 1.
- For those who will prepare for and cook the noon meal Sunday, July 1, which will be provided for those who have helped people move and for local Quebecois families who have received moving assistance from the Eglise 180 Team. For the meal event to be a profitable occasion for all who help and partake.
- That the Lord will continue to raise up and build disciples within the Eglise 180 Urbaine congregation, and that He will raise up new leaders from within the church.
- For Elizabeth and Robin Merritt (GA Camp) while Russ, Jack and Charles are away from June 26 to July 3.
July 12 - 14, 2017
The annual Nike Peach Jam will be at the Riverview Activities Center again this year. Let's do our part in welcoming these young basketball players, coaches, and families to North Augusta!
Drop off snacks at the FBCNA front office or at the Riverview Activities Center. The players enjoy brownies, cookies, rice krispy treats, and any other yummy treat you are willing to provide!
NO NUTS or PEANUT BUTTER
(due to severe allergies, anything containing nuts can not be accepted)
We are partnering with Connected Hearts Ministry for the United For Orphans Fundraiser Event in November. We are looking for volunteers during the event and leading up to the event. Check out their website for more information:
Thank you for supporting Life Choices Pregnancy Care Center of Aiken!
If you have not already, return your Change For Life bottles filled with your spare change to Hospitality Avenue this week!
Your Generosity Supports:
Saving the lives of unborn babies
Equipping and Educating Mothers and Fathers to be caring parents
Free Pregnancy Tests
Counseling and Support
Teaching of Biblical Sexual Purity
The International Link is a local organization serving International Students and Families who have come to the Augusta, Georgia area for academics, research, or military training.
Two ways to Volunteer
1. “ONE-ON-ONE” FRIENDS or CONVERSATION PARTNERS to international students
2. TEACHERS OF ENGLISH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE
ESL classes will take place on Wednesdays from 9:30am – 11:30am and from 7:00pm – 9:00pm during the 2017-2018 school year.
ESL Teacher Training – Friday and Saturday, August 4 and 5
Cost: $50 per individual (includes text, materials, snacks, and meals)
For more information visit internationallink.org
call John Steketee (706)284-3028 or Liz Steketee (706)799-4427
We also partner with organizations in our back yard, the CSRA, and throughout our country that foster unity in the body of Christ and align with our vision of making disciples that merge their faith with their daily lives, both locally and globally. A few of these include:
- Annie Armstrong Easter Offering- NAMB
- North American Mission Board (NAMB)
- Constructors for Christ
- Connected Hearts Ministry - "Sweet Cases" List
- The International Link
- Lottie Moon Christmas Offering- IMB
- International Mission Board (IMB)
- Church Planting Partnership in Phoenix, AZ with The Edge Church
- The Cooperative Program (Southern Baptist Convention)
- South Carolina Baptist Convention (including disaster relief)
- Aiken Baptist Association
- Habitat for Humanity
- Life Choices Pregnancy Care Center - Aiken
- Augusta Care Pregnancy Center
- Augusta Rescue Mission
- Golden Harvest Food Bank
- Community Ministries of North Augusta (CMONA)
- Samaritan's Purse (Operation Christmas Child)
- Women's Missionary Union (WMU)
- Good News Club